Rich Thompson, Chief Human Resource Officer of Adecco Group North American joins me to discuss Adecco’s Way to Work™ program, which highlights issues and challenges facing millions of young job seekers, the CEO for a Month initiative is a competition for an internship alongside Bob Crouch, CEO of Adecco Group North America, this summer. The selected intern will have the opportunity to shadow Bob along with other Adecco Group North America leaders through a paid ($10,000) month-long summer internship in which the candidate will be able to travel across the country.
I would love your feedback on these questions or anything that you’ve heard on any of our shows in one of the three ways:
1) Leave a voice mail or text message at 708-365-9822. Let me know if I can share it on future shows
2) Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com and press the “Send Voicemail” button to leave a message online
Here are the main points you need to know to participate:
Click here to apply for the CEO for A Month program
From the applicant pool, five finalists will be selected to join a Boot Camp in Jacksonville, Florida to compete for this prestigious internship. The week’s activities will include education sessions and out-of-the-box assessments with a focus on Adecco’s core values. The lucky winner will begin their internship the following Monday.education sessions and out-of-the-box assessments with a focus on Adecco’s core values. The lucky winner will begin their internship the following Monday.
To apply, you must meet the below requirements
o Between the ages of 18 and 30
o Able to work in the United States or Canada
o Available to attend the July 13th through 17th Boot Camp
o Available to live in Jacksonville, FL and travel nationally from July 20 – Aug 14 (housing will be provided)
I asked Rich to provide perspective to who and what is getting the attention of employers. Here are some of the highlights of our discussion:to who and what is getting the attention of employers. Here are some of the highlights of our discussion:
1. A company’s resources were applied to identify the science of who and how to hire towards behavioral assessment, hard skill assessment, grade point average, philanthropic focus are considerations but intuition (or fit) captures the attention of hiring managers. Who can display the best personality fit culturally for the company and department during an interview
2. At Adecco, they put emphasis on culture. Less of the science and description, and more how the individuals personality works with the teamindividuals personality works with the team
3. With the competition as intense as ever and the access information through the web. Many people will fit the “skills” but few will complement the culture. What is the role? What is the make-up of the group? What is the value point for the leader of the Group?for the leader of the Group?
4. It’s a marriage and job seekers must consider if the company is a fit for them.
Have you subscribed to this show on iTunes? If you haven’t, please do so. This is also a great place to write an honest review. Enjoy listening to the show. Let us know what you think.
Do you need help with resume writing or career direction? Do you need coaching or instruction? Then start here.
Also, join our community on Linkedin! You’ll enjoy some of the insights shared by community members and other career pros!