When I like a job search blog, I like to let you know about it. If you haven’t heard of Career Metis, then I encourage you to listen to this show and then head on over there. The blog founded by Nissar Ahamed is likely to give your job search a boost.
I found Career Metis a long time ago, but in the last 15-16 months, he has published articles several times a week. Not only about resumes and cover letters, but also the workplace and productivity too. I’d be remiss if I did not mention his new podcast containing more than 20 episodes to date.
I would love to hear what you think about his blog. Share your thoughts with me in one of three ways:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to email@example.com
By day, Nissar is in software sales, but at night, he is the editor, writer, and publisher of Career Metis. It is an award-winning blog with awards from Career Igniter and PersonalIncome.org.
Here are a few highlights from our discussion:
- In India, Nissar’s home country, employers lined up to hire graduates upon finishing. When he migrated to Toronto, Canada immediately after college graduation, he had to adapt to being solely responsible finding a job himself
- He had to learn everything and solely relied on job boards, had to learn to write resumes and adjust on the fly. He learned to navigate the job market by doing
- Branding is important if you want people to reach out to you. Be agile and visible, be ready to pivot
- We discuss how to go from being under-appreciated to mastering navigating the job market
- When people experience an adverse culture change will bring misery—often too late but start looking passively or activelyNeed help with your career goals, directions, or efforts? Do you need coaching or instruction? I am here for it!
Also, join our Linkedin community! You’ll enjoy some of the insights shared by community members and other career pros!
If you’re a career pro and love giving career advice, let me know. I would love to have more guest writers during my hiatus and beyond. Thanks for being among the thousands who listen every month. There’s so much more to come so stay tuned!