Welcome back to the seventh year and season of my show! So many of you have listened since 2013! Thanks so much. Marc Miller is back on the show again to talk about his new book, Repurpose Your Career: For the 2nd Half of Life, 3rd edition. He shares stories from his clients and helping them to align their interests and careers.
This is the third edition of his book. His media features include CBS Money Watch, U.S. News and World Report, and Forbes. His blog, Career Pivot, is a Forbes Top 1oo Best Career Website and has achieved several other best career website awards.
Let me know what you in one of three ways:
Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
Send email feedback to email@example.com
Here are highlights of our discussion:
- The numbers differ during an employment surge: Although BLS reports, 3-4% for American overall, 13%-14% is more accurate among older workers
- Baby boomers are planning to work into their 70s
- Many want to take control by working for themselves
- Career change – make sure the industry has legs
- How should older workers market themselves?
- Want to learn industries, stay up-to-date, listen to related podcasts. It will be on your dime.
- Network with younger people
Be sure you sign up for the bi-weekly newsletter to get alerts about the upcoming shows. You can also subscribe through iTunes or any podcatcher you’d like. If you love the show, write a LinkedIn recommendation on my profile.