Is work culture important to you? Here are three ways you can let us know:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to email@example.com
More about Mark Babbitt:
Here are some highlights from our discussion:
- We’re learning now After years of taking the first job that came along how important it is to feel fulfilled from our work and to feel like our work matters.
- Culture has become important, happiness is becoming more important when they’re being compensated well.
- “Fit” isn’t the important thing – companies should “hire to shake things up a little bit – feel apart of the culture, but help improve the culture.”
- Shouldn’t companies hire for three to five years from now – hire for the culture you want in the future.
- Have conversations with the manager before you sign on (78% leave the company because of their manager). Research the job seeker does go way beyond the about page. Is there an alignment of company values?
- Verify what the company says about themselves by asking the interviewer, “What is it really like here? What is keeping you here?” Look for radical candor from the interviewer. If you don’t get real answers, perhaps it’s not the right fit for you.
- Don’t ever assume you won’t find the right fit.
- What is “workplace intelligence” and what job seekers can do to leverage it. Here are the seven:
- Culture & Workplace Climate Change
- Transformational Leadership
- Employee Engagement reimagined
- Optimistic Workplace
- Community Building
- Purpose Driven Performance
- Social Intelligence