How BRAVE are you? Are you missing the courage to find the career you want? Many job seekers or career-changers don’t need more or better marketing materials (resume, cover letters, etc.). Most of them need something he or she has already or that is intrinsically available to them. Margie Warrell (@margiewarrell) and I talked two years about courage. I am welcoming her back to the show to inspire you and talk about her book, Brave: 50 Everyday Acts of Courage to Thrive in Work, Love and Life.What does courage mean to you today? I would love to hear what you think? Here’s how you can let me know:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to [email protected]
Margie Warrell is an international thought leader in human potential who is passionate about empowering people to take braver risks and lead more purpose driven lives. She has been featured in leading media outlets such as The Today Show, FOX News, CNBC, Psychology Today and Wall Street Journal. She is also a regular contributor on Australia’s ABC News Breakfast and Sunrise.
Here are a few highlights from our conversation:
- “Brave” speaks to our total lives, not just events. Small changes to our lives affects how we live profoundly
- Think differently, act differently, with who you are
- We should always challenge ourselves to expand who we are and put ourselves out there to add value—it takes courage
- Courage is a muscle, it grows with use—act the way we want to feel
- People react positively — Our beliefs can limit us or fuel cynicism
- Stories around us being the victim will only perpetuate the current status quo
- “I’m a great believer in luck, the harder I work the more I have of it”
- Stop looking in a direction you don’t want to go
- Obstacles, setbacks, competition are constant, find ways to break through,
- Be careful in the way you explain setbacks, you can chase away potential believers
- We speak our fears into existence, we build our roadblocks to success
- Give our selves permission to make mistakes, or sub-optimal decisions, just make a decision. If it doesn’t work, pivot as you go along
- Don’t let others “should” on you – be BRAVE! Use your good judgment
- Have you subscribed to this show on iTunes? If you haven’t, please do so. iTunes is a great place to write an honest review to pique the interests of others lurking. Enjoy listening to the show.
- Let me know what you think.
Need help with your career goals, directions, or efforts? Do you need coaching or instruction? I am here for it!
Also, join our Linkedin community! You’ll enjoy some of the insights shared by community members and other career pros!
I would still like to help self-published career professionals promote their books. If you’re interested, find more info here.
Next week show is the last show for 2015, and is a special Christmas show I am looking forward to sharing with you! After that, January 12 is a special new show on salary and negotiation for women. All are invited to join me for that special episode!