When it’s time to job search, how proactive have you been? Aren’t you vigilant for future opportunities? Probably not. This is part of the conversation Chris Hensley and I had on his show on KPFT-FM and Money Matters Podcast.
Here’s how you can join the conversation:
Here is more information about Chris:
His show on the KPFT-FM platform is also published as his podcast. By day, he is the president of his financial company, Houston First Financial Group. He is committed to the coaching process, guiding others to achieve mastery of skills and realizations of their own goals and objectives. His podcast has more than 225 episodes.
Here are a few highlights from the show:
- Most professionals are only engaged in their career when it’s time to job hunt
- Job search is hard and it takes time
- Networking, referrals are essential
- General resumes are lost in the black hole of online applications
- Customized resumes to each company increase chances
- Many layers to the hiring process
- Discern and examine job advice, not all of it fits you
If you haven’t signed up for my email list to get my free eGuide, 219 Easy Modern Job Search Tips for 2019, then you can get it immediately here! You can also get up-to-date job search tips through this newsletter!
Three more shows before the end of the season. My annual podcast hiatus is from June 1 – Sept. 10. The newsletter will continue to be sent out to those on the mailing list at least once a month. I will continue to publish articles on the blog at least twice a month.