I was interview by James Parker of the Chicago Urban League a couple of weeks ago. This was on WVON Saturday morning’s program, “Let’s Get to Work.” Our discussion centered around helping our youth find jobs.
You are more than welcome to join the discussion. Here are three ways you can:
– Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
– Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
– Send email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do the youth get jobs for the summer or anytime? I suggest these methods of helping them find jobs:
- Start in October, not March to find jobs
- Look at the opportunities available daily
- Work together with other parents for those 16-18. Share information
- Initiate a group and share information
- McDonald’s is not your only option even though it’s not bad at all
- Startups would be a great resource for jobs
- Find paying jobs and an internship (perhaps one of each)
I am here for you! Use my contact information above to inquire about individual or group coaching. You can also sign up for my weekly newsletter at the top right of my page. I try to pack as much value in my newsletter to more than 2,000 subscribers as possible.
Grab my updated “118 Job Search Tips for the Modern Job Search in 2018” here.