Welcome back to the podcast! I hope your last three weeks were as enjoyable as mine. I also continued volunteering for the “Aim to Work” Job Lab. For this show, I wanted to share a podcast interview as a guest on “Find Your Dream Job” podcast hosted by Mac Pritchard! It’s one of the most popular podcasts I have been a guest on to date. I discuss the tremendous personal and professional value anyone gets by volunteering.
I would love to hear your thoughts about volunteering in one of three ways:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this episode, I share volunteer work is a necessity to find a job you enjoy and to build your brand. Other benefits of volunteering are:
- Expand your network
- Gain work experience especially with your newly obtained training
- Giving value to the community being served
- The small possibility the volunteer gig will become a full-time gig
- Replaces the gaps in your resume’s work experience
- Brings confidence and hope to discouraged job seekers
I surprised that Mac listen’s to this show and look forward to him being my guest in July.
Do you need coaching or instruction?
I am here for it! Use my contact information above to inquire about individual or group coaching. You can also sign up for my weekly newsletter at the top of my page.