At some point or another, most of us will go through the long-winded process that is the job search. It’s a tough business to be in, especially if you’re not getting the results you want. However, when you’ve done your research and have the proper information on your side, the outcome of your job search will likely come out in your favor.
This infographic, compiled by Interview Success Formula, a program that helps job seekers to deliver powerful interview answers, illustrates how job seekers can navigate through the job search today and how to do well in the process. Some takeaways to note include:
- 80 percent of available jobs are never advertised
- 20 percent of job applicants get interviews
- The average length of an interview is approximately 40 minutes
- The most important characteristics in a job applicant are multitasking, initiative, and creative thinking
Some other takeaway points that you should implement in your job search strategy:
- Find out what are the job search tools you need to be the most competitive. If you need to have a portfolio find out what is the content that would differentiate you and other candidates.
- Understand the brand differentiation for you to stand out in the field. Interviewers will compare and contrast your value versus candidates.
- Be prepared to tell and show. Take the guess work from potential employers and demonstrate how your skills would translate to the open position he or she is hiring for.
- Your preparedness is as good as your research and industry knowledge. Interviewing requires some anticipation of what questions will be asked to exploit weaknesses. Be ready to show that your weaknesses became strengths and were non-factors to your tremendous successes.
Check out the full infographic below and let us know your thoughts in the comments!
What do you think? What are some other ways to succeed in the job search?