Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Join in on the conversation. Here’s how:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to [email protected]
- Based discussion her article, four ways personal impacts job search and careers
- Getting your name associated with keywords
- Find one version of your name and use it for all online visibility, badges for meetings, business cards, etc.
- Submit applications under the same name
- Standardize terminology and use current terms with your name – use on LinkedIn profile
- Employers look for a title match based on their needs and job description – match the employers
- Infuse the summary and professional headline sections using keywords
- Think of your professional headline as a billboard, not just for your title(s), be descriptive not labeled
- Recruiters use specific terminology, not generalized such as “Experienced professional…”
Do you need coaching or instruction?
Grab my updated “118 Job Search Tips for the Modern Job Search in 2018” here.
About Mark Anthony Dyson
I am the "The Voice of Job Seekers!" I offer compassionate career and job search advice as I hack and re-imagine the job search process. You need to be "the prescription to an employer's job description." You must be solution-oriented and work in positions in companies where you are the remedy. Your job search must be a lifestyle, and your career must be in front of you constantly. You can no longer shed your aspirations at the change seasons. There are strengths you have that need constant use and development. Be sure you sign up to download my E-Book, "421 Modern Job Search Tips 2021!" You can find my career advice and work in media outlets such as Forbes, Inc., Fast Company, Harvard Business Review, Glassdoor, and many other outlets.