I was invited to Emily Wong’s Career Cohort podcast to discuss takeaways from news cycles and what is valuable and unuseful to job seekers. We are in an age where the news creates many polarizing discussions out of aged old issues. Are issues created and make news cycles for every job seeker? Emily and I explore this topic. Listen to our entire discussion and subscribe to Emily’s podcast.
Marcelle Yeager joins me on the podcast to discuss job search trends affecting her clients and their efforts.
Highlights from our discussion:
- “…people now are trying to work, to live instead of living to work.”
- Retirees looking for projects or purpose that fits them rather than their former roles
- Nursing and teachers are challenged with pivoting to new careers
- Making career changers more aware of broader choices
- Some should consider eLearning possibilities as there are many remote roles
More about Emily:
She is a Certified Professional Resume Writer and a Career Transition Coach. She has contributed to several resumes writing books and is a coach for the Resume Writing Academy.
More about Marcelle:
Marcelle is the founder of Career Valet, an international career consulting firm helping with job search and resume-related needs. She is a former U.S. News and World Report contributor and has a podcast.
You are more than welcome to join the discussion. Here are three ways you can:
– Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
– Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
– Send email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org