Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Welcome to the ninth year of “The Voice of Job Seekers.” Thank you for making this podcast a staple in your career and life, and many career professionals use it as a resource for their clients and students.
What company matches your values? What company show they care about their employees? How did your company pivot to ensure your employees’ success during the pandemic? Job candidates care about being accepted wholly at work. Are employers creating a workplace where everyone is accepted?
Scott Behson has been on my podcast several times since 2016. On Amazon, his book, “The Whole-Person Workplace: Building Better Workplaces Through Work-Life, Wellness, and Employee Support,” will be out on Aug. 17, 2021. He wrote the book to suggest to employers how they can adjust to the new world of work. You can also read the entire show transcript here.
You are more than welcome to join the discussion. Here are three ways you can:
– Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
– Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
– Send email feedback to [email protected]
Scott Behson is a professor of management at Fairleigh Dickinson University. He has a doctorate in Organizational Studies and blogs at Fathers, Work, and Family. He is a regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review, Time, Wall Street Journal.
- He says the book addresses the question, “…how can employers managers, HR types build better workplaces that work for everybody and help employees in their whole lives? Like recognizing that they’re not just like, they don’t just exist from nine to five. And they don’t have a piece of themselves at work. Like they’re a whole person.”
- Since this is the era of #TheGreatResignation, people realize their dissatisfaction is with their workplace conditions affecting how life is lived.
- We can no longer treat our careers as a separate part of our lives.
- We must manage and control how our careers influence our lives and how our lives interact with our careers.
- Scott also asks, “How do we make sure that this whole person who works for me is, is okay, is well, is not stressed and anxious?
- And we can maybe help them with some of their responsibilities, priorities stressors, challenges they face in their lives.”
About Mark Anthony Dyson
I am the "The Voice of Job Seekers!" I offer compassionate career and job search advice as I hack and re-imagine the job search process. You need to be "the prescription to an employer's job description." You must be solution-oriented and work in positions in companies where you are the remedy. Your job search must be a lifestyle, and your career must be in front of you constantly. You can no longer shed your aspirations at the change seasons. There are strengths you have that need constant use and development. Be sure you sign up to download my E-Book, "421 Modern Job Search Tips 2021!" You can find my career advice and work in media outlets such as Forbes, Inc., Fast Company, Harvard Business Review, Glassdoor, and many other outlets.