It’s summer, and you want to impress without going broke or breaking your personal brand. You’re a professional, and every impression counts during your job search or next opportunity. How you present yourself can create second chances at a career you desire. Once again, I invited Aaja Corinne (@aajacorinne), a fashion signature expert, to give us some short but useful advice that can make a difference.
What is your fashion faux pas? Here are three ways you can add value to our conversation:
1) Leave a voice mail or text message at 708-365-9822. Let me know if I can share it on future shows
Those of you who are career professionals can receive the additional bonus by leaving your blog and I will link to it.
Aaja gave us practical advice on the signature look back on episode 80. She has appeared in JET magazine and WVON 1390, as well as some well-known clients such as Babyface. Here are some highlights from our conversation:
- Wear white anytime, not just on Memorial day
- Break up a white outfit with color that will flatter you
- Great places to shop for savings – JCPenneys, Marshalls, K&G (for men), TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, Rossi Dress for Less (Women)
- While you’re in line, use your smartphone to find coupons. Many stores will honor them on top of existing sales
- What’s not good for your brand: Ill-fitting clothing, unpolished shoes, high hemline, untucked shirt, flip-flops (professional events), exposed bra straps, low-cut shirts, overly tight clothing
- Dress for industry job standards: Be conservative, know your respective industry, and wear what complements your personality
- Find out and wear colors that flatter you. Wear what you look best in color undertones
Have you subscribed to this show on iTunes? If you haven’t, please do so. iTunes is a great place to write an honest review and increase the show’s visibility. Enjoy listening to the show. Let us know what you think.
Do you need help with resume writing or career direction? Do you need coaching or instruction?I can help.
Also, join our Linkedin community! You’ll enjoy some of the insights shared by community members and other career pros!