I was fortunate to be asked to participate in a SXSWedu2017 panel, “Can Online Learning Can Close the Skills Gap?” This presentation is being voted on as part of the SXSWedu2017 Panel Picker. I hope you will take time to vote for us! The panel was formed by Aubrey Bach, Director of Online Content for HigherEducation.com.
Some other compelling facts:
- 46% of all workers identify as underemployed 43% of college-educated workers identify as underemployed
- These same workers say that the reason they are underemployed is because they are not using their education or training 76% (see Powerpoint presentation)
- One major takeaway is for all to see is the usefulness of online tools for educators and employers to help close the skills gap. There are two other educators on this panel who I know will add value and insight to the discussion:
- Melissa Venable, Phd of HigherEducation.com
- Jessica Ayub, Dakota County Technical College
I know this session can help so many, so please go here to
vote for this panel! Thanks.