Welcome to part 2 of “Modern Job Search Trends of 2020.” If you missed part 1, I encourage you to listen to the first show in this series.
Let me reintroduce my guests on this panel:
Got comments about the show? Here’s how:
Here are highlights from our conversation:
- Networking gives you advantages few get.
- When you (the job seeker) are empower your job search, you avoid bad jobs, and your mentality gives you the competitive edge.
- Nii Ato says job seekers are overwhelmed and not empowered.
- Empowered job seekers choose companies rather than waiting to be selected.
- Sarah mentions the email tool hunter.io to find hiring people’s business email addresses and verify it. Also, she mentions Mailscoop.io.
- We discussed the benefits of personal branding: how do you deliver, how you help others, and the help you offer.
- We talked about the importance of brevity and how it produces effective communication.
- Customize your message to different types of audiences.
- Sarah discussed how MBA website programs are offering terrible resume samples. They are not achievement-based.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter at the top right of my page to receive free e-Guide, “320 Modern Job Search Tips for 2020!” This year, it will be free for a limited time.