This is a workshop I conducted in the Spring in providing 10 tips to prevent anyone’s job search from crashing. This is part three of the program I facilitated. Start the PowerPoint at #6 to see the slides for the last 5 points. It was a fun workshop. I gave away a couple of books to engaged audience members and overall, received positive feedback.
In this part of the presentation I talk about:
- Personal Brand-Being memorable and the importance of showcasing your skills
- Informational interviews-The best way to research companies and introduce yourself
- Feature coworkers when you talk about team work
- Follow-up after interviews, ensuring you fully answer the questions you ask, and of course, ask questions
- Send “Thank You” letters to the people you interview with
I hope you’ll enjoy my talk and glean something from it.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/102172757%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-bI1nK” params=”” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]