Welcome back to the fall edition of the podcast. Thank you for joining us as we’ll have about eight episodes to deliver this fall plus a few bonus episodes.
My guest is Thea Kelley who wrote the book, Get That Job! The Quick and Complete Guide to a Winning Interview, called “Excellent” in a Forbes article. I love we discuss the importance of preparation, realness, and relaxed for a job interview.
How do you prepare for interviews? What is your mindset?
I would love to hear your thoughts about job interviews in one of three ways:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button and leave a message
- Send email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here more about Thea’s background:
She is a certified resume writer, job search and interview coach, and author. For years, she relieves stress from the interview process for clients. Here are some highlights of our discussion:
- Being real and authentic comes through if your preparation shows in your answers.
- It doesn’t hurt to add a little humor to diffuse nervousness from both sides. A connection to the person you interview with is an important part of being memorable.
- Keep in mind the interview wants to picture you working with them daily. Be relatable.
- Using relaxation techniques are also a good way to relieve nervousness. Athletes who make millions of dollars use these techniques regularly
- We discuss the importance of storytelling and how it adds to the authenticity. No one likes interrogation from either side of the interview.
- Hear where Thea shares her three ways be real, relatable, and credible with stories
Do you need coaching or instruction?
I am here for it! Use my contact information above to inquire about individual or group coaching. You can also sign up for my weekly newsletter at the top of my page.