Career burnout is real, and most professionals are not sure what the signs or symptoms are if they experience it. Burnout hinders how you come across in networking or workplace environments. Join me and my guest, Rachel Montanez, as we discuss what career burnout looks like, how it would affect your sleep, and what you can do about it.
Here’s how you can join the conversation:
More about Rachel:
Here are a few highlights from our conversation:
- Burnout is often paired with someone who is not enjoying their job
- As a society, we’re starting to talk more about it
- Job search while working should have a strategy for handling the stress
- It would be useful to have a self-care strategy at the beginning of your job search
- We discussed how do professionals set limits to avoid burnouts
- Awareness on the burnout spectrum is a step toward managing potential burnout
- Take a realistic synopsis of what’s going on at work – learn how the brain works – manage your energy
- Small wins boost energy – get outside opinions (blogs, podcasts or other resources)
Two more shows before the end of the season. My annual podcast hiatus is from June 1 – Sept. 10. The newsletter will continue to be sent out to those on the mailing list at least once a month. I will continue to publish articles on the blog at least twice a month.