How could you not be curious about the title of this interview book? It was released on June 30, and it’s #1 on Amazon’s internship book list. Listen to this episode, get the book, and reap the benefits of job interview best practices. DeVay Campbell is a career coach and human resource professional, author of The Best Interview Advice Book, craves the success of job seekers. She wanted to help job seekers interview better and understand the entire process.
Another interview show? Yes, many of my clients over the years fail to interview well and often misguided in their approach before and after. This show has practical steps you can take right after listening. Let me know what your “interview faux-pas” is in one of three ways:
1) Leave a voice mail or text message at 708-365-9822. Let me know if I can share it on future shows
2) Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com and press the “Send Voicemail” button to leave a message online
DeVay Campbell, PHR is a certified Human Resources Partner and Career Coach, who bridges communication gaps, builds trust and manages change in Retail, Manufacturing, Government and Healthcare organizations with 150 -16,000 + employees. She is a 10-year veteran in Human Resources, but her heart is all about helping job seekers thrive in the interview process.
Here are some highlights from our discussion:
- DeVay wanted to address common questions she’s received as a career coach and a recruiter
- It’s easy to take for granted the repeated questions that people ask
- She wanted to handle the entire process instead of answer frequently asked questions
- With 16 different perspectives, it addresses many ways to approach interview preparedness
- Research and overall preparation are often discounted by job seekers, and coaching re-emphasizes being purposeful and intentional
- Being honesty and confidence are key in defining your weak spots and making significant progress in landing interviews and performing
- At times, career coaches become life coaches needing to unlock life’s obstacles that keep them from having confidence and faith in his or her abilities
- Personal events like divorce or having your self-esteem affected can diminish the ability to communicate value
Have you subscribed to this show on iTunes? If you haven’t, please do so. iTunes is a great place to write an honest review and increase the show’s visibility. Enjoy listening to the show. Let us know what you think.
Do you need help with resume writing or career direction? Do you need coaching or instruction?I can help.
Also, join our Linkedin community! You’ll enjoy some of the insights shared by community members and other career pros!
By the way, congratulations to Richard Long for winning a copy of Scott Behson’s book, “The Working Dads” Survival Guide. He left a review on iTunes, qualifying him to win the copy of the book!