Modernize Your Job Search Letters, Get Noticed…Get Hired is a compilation of sample job search documents. I have a copy of my own and knew this was a must-have resource. Wendy Enelow (my guest this week), and co-founder Louis Kursmark published this book with 60 other presenters. Letter samples in the book such as Cover letters and e-notes, recruiter letters, networking letters, thank-you letters inspire creativity and sound strategy to reach employers and recruiters.
How important are these documents to your career?
Let’s talk about it. I would love your feedback in one of three ways:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to email@example.com
Wendy Enelow is the founder and Co-President of Emerald Career Publishing, and also one of few Master Resume Writers in the world. Her company publishes resources for job seekers and help career professionals who advise them.
Here are a few of the highlights of our discussion:
- The usefulness of the book and the importance of the sample documents
- Wendy advises to send highly customized letters and use the book as a guide
- The relevance of cover letters and should be distinct from e-notes
- Letters are essential to selling yourself and use it to market yourself
- Wendy recommends e-notes rather than traditional letters because of its intended brevity and to the point highlights
Need help with your career goals, directions, or efforts? Do you need coaching or instruction? I am here for it! If you’re in Chicago, you might be interested in an upcoming event on February 12. If you want to join me, send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-365-9822 for more information.