Your first impression could result in your only chance to further your career. Aaja Corinne (@aajacorinne) and I discuss not only how you can impress in the winter, but also how your actions may impact your career. Your fashion faux pas could impede your personal branding efforts if you’re reckless.
What are a few of the goals you’re trying to achieve in your career. Can we talk? Here’s how you can participate in the discussion:
- Call and leave a voicemail or text me at 708-365-9822
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let me re-introduce Aaja Corinne. Aaja has appeared in JET magazine, N’DIGO, WVON 1390, and is a new contributor to Ebony Magazine as well as consulting with a few well-known clients such as Babyface. You can find her site at AajaCorinneTheBrand.com!
- Wintertime is a great time to make impressive bold statements with the way he or she dresses
- Winter coats are a great way to express your personality
- Retailers are having coat sales now so you don’t have to spend lots of money
- Tailored coats with buttons and belts are good. Don’t wear casual coats to interviews
- Don’t lay your coat anywhere. The fabric can determine how often it needs to be cleaned
- Clean your coat monthly especially when the color may warrant. Lint balls are not impressive
- Shoes are very noticeable especially when the shoes are affected by the weather. Men should watch tucking their pants in the boot. Pants may end up wrinkled
- How you handle clothes has a positive or negative impact. Your personal branding is impacted by everything you do. Your image needs to be aligned with your online presence and communication style
- Nothing is more of a turn-off to a connection if your online and off-line are negatively contrasted. The impression is powerful when both are consistent, positive and exceeds the other person’s expectation. This could impact your personal branding for the future.
- We are branded by association and a negative appearance could defer your chances of furthering your career
- New job seekers/entrepreneurs become easily flattered by the newness of being impressive they take on all opportunities instead of filtering to consider the best opportunities. Aaja says, “…every opportunity is not a good opportunity.”
Need help with your career goals, directions, or efforts? Do you need coaching or instruction? I am here for it!Also, join our Linkedin community! You’ll enjoy some of the insights shared by community members and other career pros!
I would still like to help self-published career professionals promote their books. If you’re interested, find more info here.