Every year, I have an expert résumé writer on the show to discuss the upcoming year and trends you should know to make a positive difference in your job search. Amanda Augustine of Top Resume joins us to discuss the upcoming trends for 2022.
You are more than welcome to join the discussion. Here are three ways you can:
– Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
– Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
– Send email feedback to email@example.com
She is a career expert and spokesperson for Talent Inc. (Top Resume is a company under TI), and a certified résumé writer. She is frequently in the press. She also has her own firm, Amanda Auguestine, LLC. Amanda cites Top Resume’s survey to employers about the top soft skills. Respondents list communication and all that is a part including digital communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, teamwork, and time management.
Highlights from our conversation:
- Amanda cites Resumebuilder’s survey of employers that 30% state they reject applicants who do not have their vaccination status on their résumés.
- She recommends putting your vaccination status at the end of your professional summary or executive summary.
- Amanda says, “When you’re looking for a job, you are now a marketer and you are marketing the most valuable asset out there, yourself, your qualities, your candidacy, all the qualifications that you bring to the table.”
- You should think about how can you demonstrate that you possess the skills that are going to make you a good candidate to be working remotely, whether that’s the tech skills you’ve gathered in the different project management areas.
- Bullet points should be bragging points
- Use LinkedIn posts (and other social platforms) to show employers you’re ready for remote work by showing them the area where you’ve set up.
- Amanda cites Top Resume’s survey to employers about the top soft skills. Respondents list communication and all that is a part including digital communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, teamwork, and time management.