I decided to create an extensive resume advice show that offered many practical and actionable tactics and strategies. I invited Jessica Dillard back to the show to discuss personal branding aspects of resume writing and resume writing trends for 2018.
I will love it if you offer your struggles or tips for resume writing.
Here are three ways you can let us know:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to email@example.com
Here’s more information about Jessica:
Highlights from our discussion:
- Resumes are supposed to invite the employer’s engagement
- Ask yourself when writing your resume, “What is it your trying to convey?”
- Relevance is the key to holding an employer’s interest and capture their attention. Relevance dictates the resume’s length
- The most relevant information will be your last 10 years of employment. Go back further only if it’s relevant and needed
- Consider your reader is using a mobile phone — length is even more essential
- Method and timing of delivery matters. Keep a mobile version, upload it to a cloud service (Gmail is the most popular)
- Your resume is optimally effective is when your career choice is clear, specific, and targeted. Write towards one position