Welcome to my annual “Resume Trends” show! Jessica Hernandez, multiple award-winning resume writer and founder of Great Resumes Fast is my guest today.
This is the show to get resume tips and resources to brand your resume for 2019. If you’ve been struggling with writing one, or need to refresh for the new year, this is the show for you!
Want to add tips to this show or have questions about resume writing, feel free to contribute to our conversation. If you’re a resume writer, and have a tip to help job seekers, let me know. If fact, if you want to add a resume tip for me to play on a future show, this is how you can do so:
More about Jessica:
Here are some of the highlights from our discussion:
- Why are personal branding and your resume synonymous
- We talk about her infographic of 127 resume tips
- People miss how to frame value and offer a great impression
- Importance of functional keyword usage
- Job seekers should use a team in their job search and the resume writing process
- We discuss how templates can water down your brand
- We talk about new services that scan resumes including Jobscan – many of them offer generic feedback
- Word cloud software are still useful and have value
If you haven’t signed up for my email list to get my free eGuide, 219 Easy Modern Job Search Tips for 2019, then you can get it immediately here!