You’ve heard me say before small organizations should be on your list of target companies to research and get hired. One of the premiere nonprofit job boards to use is idealist.org and get job advice from idealistcareers.org.
Join in on the conversation
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Crispo a Career Development Expert, and Manager of College and Professional Outreach at Idealist.org. I first met her as she was the Content Manager at IdealistCareers.org. IdealistCareers.org is a not only a nonprofit job board but also has good content for your job search.
Here are a few highlights of our conversation:
- We talked about the revamping of the idealist.org site
- Its job board includes nonprofit organizations, support organizations, and recruiters for nonprofits
- Idealistcareers.org is the companion for the job board as a companion online publication that offers career advice
- The online edition started in 2013, and the job board is one of the first for nonprofits starting back in 1995
- Published jobs – the need is usually immediate
- Best way to use it: Make a list of organizations that align with your mission – network actively