Bianca, Keith, and I started the segment, “Would You Resign This Way?” several weeks and wanted to feature this segment as an entire episode. We all agreed that we need to keep it classy when we’re ready to resign regardless of the reason we choose. While we examined the video, we manage to come away with many points as food for thought. We lend commentary to the video where the woman creates a video to quit the company where she says, “…took my life away.”
At the time, we referenced the Huffington Post article that also shows the video of her quitting. Some of the thoughts that came out of our discussion:
- Resign with your future in mind, and understand if it has future repercussions
- What was the motive behind her quitting for her to make such a elaborate production
- She could put her own career in that industry in jeopardy, then again, maybe not
- What should an employee do when the job is not a fit?
- What does this say about the creator’s judgment when things are not working out?
- Is it laziness when you choose not to be transparent about how you feel about your duties?
- How about considering and weighing the first 90 days of your position and be ready move on if it doesn’t look like your future is there?
- Someone will likely hire her in that industry because of her creativity. Remains to be seen.
This is a short episode (purposely), but I thought that the questions and points raised views that job seekers need to consider. Even your resignation from a job doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Don’t be afraid to walk away from a job before 90 days if the fit doesn’t exist.
I also noticed my own grammar fouls as host, but we are an unscripted show. But I am not quitting. Not this job.
In addition, since the initial video from the woman, the company responded (see video below). Enjoy the show!