Many ways of writing a resume is principally the same for foreign countries like Canada, but you should become familiar with the culture. Are you using Facebook for your job search when there are about 8 million jobs are found? Those are our topics today in another “can’t miss” episode!
- Understanding the differences in culture and the job search approach to the job market in Canada. Canadians are much more reserved in sharing accomplishments, as Americans and more comfortable with bragging about themselves
- Recent laws in Canada resulted in changes of how employers may not use a lack of Canadian experience against an immigrant
- There are spelling differences that will likely not be used against a foreigner (e.g. U.S. spell ‘behavior” versus Canada spells as “behaviour.”)
- Daisy offers some resources and websites that people can check out for job openings
- Facebook cannot be ignored in using it to connect with other job seekers and employers. Facebook has posted more than eight million jobs and has a billion plus users
- Many of the apps that Facebook once advertised are gone and it is up to the user to connect through updates, introductions
- Hashtags are a very effective use that Joshua discovered in experimenting. Listen to how he started using hashtags and how it increased his reach by five times of any of his posts
Please don’t forget to leave an honest review in iTunes, so the show can increase its visibility. And don’t forget to sign up for the updates. I will be increasing them to bi-weekly instead of every six weeks, so you don’t want to miss any of them.