Marc Miller is back on the show again to talk about his new book, “Repurpose Your Career: For the 2nd Half of Life.” He shares stories from his clients and helping them to align their interests and careers.
Have you decided to make a career pivot in your career? Are you in your 2nd half of life? Let’s discuss!
Let me know what you in one of three ways:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marc’s new book is now in the Amazon bookstore. His media features include CBS Money Watch, U.S. News and World Report, and Forbes. His blog, Career Pivot, is a Forbes Top 1oo Best Career Website and has achieved several other best career website awards.
Here some highlights from our discussion on how to repurpose your career:
- Marc added five years of client stories and shifted from baby boomers to clients in their 40’s
- “Failure is an option” and a requirement, fail fast, then pivot
- Big changes can occur by just moving with the flow
- We discuss the importance of self-awareness or as Marc phrases it as “Know Thyself.”
- “Just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean you should do it all the time!”
- Authentically put your best foot forward, then an employer can if you’re fit
- Marc goes back in time with his clients to the best/worst times in their career to understand “why.”
- Making the same mistakes twice is not a bad thing
- We discuss the chapter on personal operating systems. He uses the Berkman assessments with each of his clients.
- Behavioral patterns are insightful to discovering your career goals
Do you need help with resume writing or career direction? Do you need coaching or instruction?I can help.