Sandra Tedford (@wetalktoday) is a regular contributor to the blog. I wanted to have a conversation with her because of her study of digital asset management and how it is useful to job seekers. Sandra and I also discuss the differences between social media and digital asset management.
Since we were at a very crowded Starbucks but limited for time, my voice (as deep as it is) is hard to hear, and fortunately, Sandra’s voice sounds perfect. It is hard to hear me for the first minute so I will include the questions as I asked in general:
1) Could you explain what is digital asset management?
2) For the average person what would that mean for each person’s social media profile?
3) How critical is it for job seekers to understand the difference between social media and digital asset management?
4) Ultimately, job seekers need to be very cognizant of his or her image in the digital space?
5) Does it mean that job seekers need to have much more than a social profile?
6) How much concern there be for each job seekers’ competitiveness for jobs?
7) So if a job seeker profile goes to the left, how does one fix his or her online profile?
8) How will people handle their profiles in the future knowing this?
Around the 1:20 starts Sandra’s answers, you can always skip my banter and begin there. Enjoy!