It’s time to get your resume strategy ready for your graduate job search or your next opportunity. Need some guidance? I got you! Torin Ellis, winner of Top Recruiter (toprecruiter.tv) is back with his new book, Rip the Resume: Job Search & Interview Power Prep!
What are some of your resume and interview challenges? Let’s discuss. You can reach me in one of three ways:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to email@example.com
Torin was in a previous episode and mentioned his book then. We planned since last spring for him to come back and talk about his book. Torin is the founder of The Torin Ellis Brand, a Human Capital Strategist, Diversity Ambassador, Interview Architect, and soon-to-be-author! He’s appeared in Black Enterprise and regularly featured on SiriusXM 126 on the “Karen Hunter Show” as a career guest expert.
- Here are some of the talking points highlighted in his book:
- –Common mistakes that detract from the resume
- –Focus on quantifying – commands attention, states productivity, created synergy
- –Five each of descriptive sentences, adverbs, and accomplishments
- –Resume doesn’t do more than securing a conversation
- –Star candidates look for organization details, SWOT analysis, immediately deliver results
- –Preparation is the most important part of the job search process
- –A thank you acknowledgement is more than an email—get a card a drop it in the mail
Need help with your career goals, directions, or efforts? Do you need coaching or instruction? I am here for it!Also, join our Linkedin community! You’ll enjoy some of the insights shared by community members and other career pros!
I would still like to help self-published career professionals promote their books. If you’re interested, find more info here.