I started noticing then following GoodHire a while ago because they were publishing about the need to give ex-offenders a second chance. I loved their voice on employment discrimination and the ex-offenders reentering the workforce. If you have been listening to this podcast for awhile, you know I champion the “Ban The Box” campaign—very related to how GoodHire is helping ex-offenders having a second chance. More than 30,000 employers rely on their skilled compliance experts, helpful US-based customer service reps, and customizable technology to build teams based on trust, safety, and fairness.
Matthew Monahan is the CEO of GoodHire. l would love to hear your thoughts about this episode in one of three ways:
- Call and leave a voicemail at 708-365-9822, or text your comments to the same number
- Go to TheVoiceofJobSeekers.com, press the “Send Voicemail” button on the right side of your screen and leave a message
- Send email feedback to email@example.com
- Matthew Monahan founded GoodHire with his brother Brian. For the last ten years, GoodHire has been helping job seekers with knowing what employers see on their background checks. The ex-offender especially benefits because they can add a personal narrative to their results. Unlike most company’s background checks, this humanizes the process.
- Here are a few of our talking points:
- Matthew explained that GoodHire’s mission is to build trust between job seekers and employers
- Good Hires focuses much of their attention on the job seeker
- Services are free to job seekers, give them a sense of empowerment by making background screens to job seekers
- Unique features are available to job seekers to annotate their background check
- Job seekers can see what employers can see and provide an explanation for the employer
- GoodHire’s “True Me” feature adds humanity to the background. Opposite of most companies conducts where the process is automated
Need help with your career goals, directions, or efforts? Do you need coaching or instruction? I am here for it!
Also, join our Linkedin community! You’ll enjoy some of the insights shared by community members and other career pros!
- Thanks for being among the thousands who listen every month. There’s so much more to come so stay tuned!