All book reviews are uncompensated, nor have I accepted pay. I enjoy reading and offering opinions on career related publications, because it is an opportunity for job seekers to receive free advice and guidance from experts.
This is how I work with PR firms, book companies, agents, authors etc.
- I provide an opinion uncompensated by any publisher. Although the books I receive to review are free, I ask that the publisher/agent/author offers a free copy to one or two lucky blog readers. The giveaway in the form of a small contest further promotes the product.
- The offerings from companies, agents, or facilitator must have a social media presence. This includes my engagement with the company in offering promotion of the product several times. In other words, if you do not tweet, update, or do not announce the product reviews on my blog, then it is unlikely I will participate.
- I like having an interview with the author, to provide additional insight to the book.
- I prefer to receive the book at least two weeks before release.
- Press releases that include the author’s quotes from the book are helpful, but do not replace the conversation I like to have with the author.
- I choose the medium of the interview such as audio, video, or transcribed blog post. I am open to preference, depending on the volume of content available.
- In reiterating the use of social media, it is helpful the author is social media participant.This helps the engagment on the blog, and further promotion of the product. This makes the review, interview, and social media engagement more intriguing.
I appreciate speaking with authors and publishers that add to the tools to help job seekers thrive in their job search. That is the primary mission of this blog.